I’m joining a new meme for the new year. I’ve seen this one over at Quilly‘s and Melli‘s blogs and I’ve liked the quality of the questions that Linda (a.k.a., Lidna) comes up with.
[Yes, the former English major just ended her sentence with a preposition. It's a blog thing.]
But why wait for a new year? Maybe what this procrastinator needs is to jump-start her goals…
1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?
As long as everyone is healthy, this really isn’t a big deal to me.
2. What have you learned this year? (You didn’t see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)
I’ve learned how to work within someone else’s design to make a professional-looking newsletter. (And so much more than that, but it’s already getting late so I’ll stop there and save it for another meme.)
3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?
Whenever they begin to drive me crazy! Actually, they usually drive the other members of my household crazy first. I love the cheery lights and decorations of my Christmas tree.
4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:
Getting the kitchen counter cleaned off! (I’m starting small here, folks!)
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?
I love winter! I love snow and bundling up. I do not love excessive laundry or wet, muddy floors. And I do seem susceptible to the winter doldrums. I need to combat those better in 2010.
6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?
Not a single one, I am proud to say! I don’t need more STUFF.
7. Do you have plans for New Year’s Eve?
Our plans almost always include staying home, including this year. I’ll try to stay up for the sake of the kids. (And I’ll try to not spend that time blogging!)
8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?
My 44th birthday and a return to regular WW meetings. (Exciting, huh?)
9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)
I’m afraid it would be one of those B-movies that no one goes to see… B as in Boring! Oh, I keep Busy, but it’s not the sort of life that inspires others. At least, that’s how I see it.
10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.
Waaaay to much. Just ask my husband.
11. Who runs your household?
Oh, no doubt that SuperDad runs the household! He’s in charge; I’m the first mate on this ship. I’m so grateful that he keeps our finances in order! I do the shopping and most of the cleaning & cooking; he provides the income and keeps the place from falling down about our ears.
12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.
My number one hope/dream/goal is to lose weight. I’d love to get back under a certain number. I know I would feel healthier and more energetic. I seem to have a mental block about getting there and I need to break through and make it happen.