These are in a class by themselves, although it isn’t because they can’t play nicely with others!
Now on to the Spork Awards!
At the annual 3rd Annual Spork awards, which took place in January of 2009, hosted by the very beautiful Tink, I was the proud recipient of this lovely trophy.
In Tink‘s own golden words, I was presented with the
“Social Butterfly” Spork Award
(She thinks I could make friends at a funeral.)
…which is kind of funny, because I think I might have done that once!
Here is my very first award, compliments of Tink:
I earned this one by submitting WWC photos for 4 words in one week: Espeglerie & Monkeyshine (those were the April Fools day words that Tink issued) AND smooth & rough (the actual words Tink gave us the following day). You can find my submission in the archives for the date of April 8, 2008.
My 2nd award was also from Tink:
My blogging buddy Newt was particpating in “Feets of Fancy” during the summer of 2008, raising money for MS. I happily pledged support and then Tink gave those who supported Newt this cool award!
So those were the Spork Awards, now on to some other wonderful treasures:
This award is from Reb at Sibu Pegasus Power :
October 1st, 2008
I also passed the award on to 3 deserving bloggers.
Real Life Fairy Tale Princess was kind enough to share her recipe for making awards! (Go visit her, she’ll share with you, too!)
I made the following award:
And have awarded it to
- RLFTP, along with the bloggers who took the time to give their answers to my questions: Caffienated Cowgirl, David, Farmer*sWife, Gary, Harry Martin, Jenn, and TT on 11 November 2008. (I also held a drawing; Harry Martin of prohomemaker.com was the winner and received a $20 Starbucks gift card.)
- On 20 November 2008, I gave this award to Hilary at The Smitten Image. Hilary takes beautiful pictures and weaves them together with gentle prose. I often feel like I’ve been taken along on a magical hike.
From January 2009
I received this pretty lemonade stand from Farmer*sWife, for a great Attitude (or) Gratitude. She herself is a “Glass Half Full” kind of gal. I do try to have an Attitude of Gratitude, although there are certainly days when I completely FAIL.
I am passing it on to the following bloggers:
- Hilary at The Smitten Image, for being so thoughtful. She tries to see the best in others.
- My Swedish friend at Teepe’s weblog — She recently took her students to visit a former classmate with a debilitating condition. What a great teacher, to open their eyes to the disabled!
- Mary Alice, who blogs about living life as a military wife and mom — She has a beautiful spirit.
- David at Five String Guitar, who exhibits a good attitude and gratitude in life as he faces major medical challenges (for himself and his beloved wife)
Also in January…
Jenn at Juggling Life gave me this heart-warming award. I love her blog! If you haven’t been there yet, you should go! She’s a mom of 4 who has survived thrived through the years with youngsters with sass and style (her sass and style, not her kids!!).
I thought of 2 people who could use a pick-me-up right now:
- Moo, who has only a few weeks left before her baby is born
- Susie, who continues to blog and make me laugh while she fights her medical battles (I hope she makes herself laugh, too, because isn’t laughter supposed to be the best medicine?)
January 2010 Update:
I’ve been waaaaay behind in updating this page… so badly behind that I confess I cannot remember where this award came from… Isn’t that terrible!?! If it was YOU,please tell me so I can rectify this situation!
Hilary over at The Smitten Image posts a [usually weekly] list of wonderful finds that she calls “Posts of the Week.” She herself ought to be nominated weekly with her wonderful photographs and prose, but she won’t let us do that.
Instead, she finds little gems each week and gives us a link to follow. I was very honored when Hilary awarded this post as a runner up in her “Post of the Week” award.
I love awards, and I love to share them!
Pay it forward!