This is what the end of my driveway looked like yesterday:
When I took the garbage & recycling out at 7:20am, the equipment and men were all there getting ready to rip it up. I mentioned that despite the fact that one bus had just picked up a child at the end of the driveway, 3 more buses would be doing the same within the next hour. They seemed a little surprised to need to work around this detail!
A guy from the town was there (same one who drove the front loader nice to meet you again) to check on things. I got an earful on how it was “our” fault (the HOA, of which I have seen/heard nothing except for my annual fee payment) that we had to have this done, since “we” wouldn’t let the town have a bunch of land to put in a new water treatment facility on our property!
This was all decided before we moved here. I’m not fighting it one way or the other; I just want my water to not be brown!! Which it surely was yesterday afternoon. Yuck.
I pointed out that we had no note on the door saying Please move your vehicle prior to 7 a.m. if you wish to use it tomorrow or don’t schedule any deliveries on such-and-such a day, etc. Specifics like that are nice to have, y’know? Luckily, I moved my car out to the street before the trench was dug (but after they had already cut through the asphalt).
- Upstairs (where the bedrooms are) a/c not working. It was 100 degrees (plus humidity) up there at 7pm the other night. Can you say Sauna ? We’ve spent several nights sleeping in the basement. Ceiling fans don’t work when the power is out. Repair work scheduled for July 8th. Yes, that is 4 weeks away. No, I do not want to pay extra for emergency service.
- Older 3 boys are taking final exams. I’m assisting with the planning of Friday’s end-of-year party for SnakeMaster’s class..not that I’ve had energy to do much with this. Seeing as how tomorrow is Friday, time is running out!
- Monday, H-J came home with a damaged flute; he stood it up on the floor and seemed surprised that it fell over and bent a rod. Must be fixed before concert on Thursday evening (tonight) and preferably before class on Wednesday morning. Repair shop is a 45 minute drive away. Guess what I did Tuesday & Wednesday? (Gotta say that our woodwind repairman, Ted, is awesome!)
- Tuesday late afternoon/early evening: severe T-storm with driving winds, rain, and 1/2 inch hail, was MM’s bell choir rehearsal (skipped) …and band dinner/awards ceremony (late)…and of course, a power outage. I spent half the night awake, worrying over fridge & freezer.
- More thunderstorms are scheduled for this weekend. I’m going to work on having a somewhat empty fridge, to lessen my stress, because I now expect the power to go out each time we have a storm!
- I paid some obscene fee for MM’s yearbook…which he left in the band room and of course is now gone. Meanwhile, SM is asking why he didn’t get a yearbook (most of his class ordered one). Huh?!? Yearbooks for 2nd graders?!?
- This is our vacation destination later this month. But just watching the video here made me cry…not for myself, but for this family and others. How could I go there and enjoy myself now?
Now I will go practice gratefulness for the remainder of my day.
You must be logged in to post a comment.