Good things and not-so-good things
- It keeps snowing back home in Washington State. My mother just told me the governor declared a state of emergency.
- Noisy cacophony of sounds at the family-centered worship service last night. None of them were my children, and most of the noises were happy and pleasant to this experienced mom. I confess: when a 2yo bonked his head on the wooden pew, SuperDad & I looked at each other and started laughing. Before you castigate us, know that this same kid was head-banging the same way on Sunday morning, with the same results (including dad taking him of the room in tears) –and he wasn’t really hurt, just mad that he bumped his head!
- SnakeMaster & Humorous-Juniorous did a great job with their lines for the nativity litany. MusicMan rang those bells and looked every bit the handsome young man in white shirt and tie! And I held my own at the microphone, despite my fellow alto being absent. (No, I don’t sing like Knight, so don’t be asking for a video!)
- I managed to make 4 kinds of cookies, plus we have 2 different boxes of German treats, but I failed to finish making the Stollen. The dry ingredients are mixed up, but the rest is still waiting to be added. I’m not beating myself up over this. It’ll get done when it gets done. Tomorrow is soon enough!
- That picture at the top? That is SnakeMaster appreciating one of his new cocoa mugs ala Gary.
- Before we lit our candles and sang Silent Night at church last night, SnakeMaster wasn’t looking too well… and then I raced him to the bathroom. Once at home, SM had a dose of Tylenol for his fever, ate well, and went to sleep. He’s fine today, except for still being a little tired…and I’m blaming that on waking up before dawn!
- H-J is running off too little sleep and too much excitement. He thinks SuperDad’s incense cones from Santa smell terrible. He has also been emptying his tummy today.
Running score: healthy people=4, flu=2
I’m getting nervous about the running score, so the nice Christmas dinner is postponed until tomorrow. Technicolor yawns might be colorful, but they are NOT pretty…not on the carpet, not in the bathroom, nor anywhere in-between.
Now I’m off to play Disney Trivial Pursuit!
Merry Christmas, and STAY HEALTHY!!