Snapshot of Thirteen Things from this summer (Thursday 13 ideas were borrowed from Janet)
1) photo of me: taken at Niagara Falls last month
2) current candle scents: lavender, vanilla, rice milk & honey (those are my usuals) I’m getting ready to pull out the fall scents in a few more weeks.
3) Books I read for book club: Ahab’s Wife (or, The Star-Gazer) by Sena Jeter Naslund. It’s a book club selection, or I probably would have never picked it up. First sentence: Captain Ahab was neither my first husband nor my last. I ended up liking this book — it just started a little strangely. I also read The Friday Night Knitting Club — I now want to take up knitting! (as if I need another hobby to abandon)
4) Newest music I added to my playlist: TobyMac “Portable Sounds” is one of my newest CDs (I haven’t yet made the jump to iPods) SuperDad surprised me by liking it, too! We usually have different tastes in music.
5) Movies I saw wish I had seen: The Proposal, The Ugly Truth, Julie & Julia
6) something yummy I made this summer: the “Brick” I took up to Gary’s house is a family favorite, and my husband had 2nds on the chocolate mocha cake I made last Saturday. I’ll post recipes tomorrow next week.
7) somewhere I ate out: We had dessert in the Hard Rock Cafe at Niagara Falls
8.) something that made me cry: toothache at 2am (prior to gettingVicodin)
9) something that made me laugh: When my guys pointed out this statue in downtown Ithaca, NY
10) something I looked forward to this summer: spending time in my beloved Washington State
11) something I am thankful for: Oh, many things! Safe travel, time with family & friends, sleeping in…
12) something I want to remember about this summer: Spending time with extended family is fun!
13) a photo I took this summer:
You must be logged in to post a comment.