1. I’m thankful that I’m able to be a SAHM. I honestly don’t know how other moms manage to juggle work and parenting, kids activities and housework. I was fighting some strange virus last week and I was very grateful that I could take to my bed for extra hours in the middle of the day on Tuesday and Wednesday. (Four-hour nap, anyone?)
2. I’m thankful that I finally had some energy back on Thanksgiving! My family was thankful for a good meal and 3 pies (2 pumpkin, plus the cherry above). By the time I spent 5 hours preparing food, I didn’t have an appetite, but that’s okay — the leftovers were tasty on Friday!
3. I’m thankful for wonderful friends who not only share their love of the outdoors with SnakeMaster but then invite us back to cut greens for Advent wreaths.
(The man turned 90 back in June, and yes that is him cutting greens for us from his yew trees!)
4. I’m thankful that another job has been checked off my to-do list! On Sunday afternoon, we hosted the tweens group at church for an Advent wreath-making workshop. Now my head can stop spinning with the details and just enjoy the Advent wreath that SnakeMaster made.
5. I’m thankful for my new craft/scrapbooking work area. People, this is in what was originally designed to be a formal living room. Did I score or what?!?!
6. I’m thankful that my husband & I still like each other after the 2 weeks of stress over getting rooms rearranged. (We didn’t like each other very much during the process, so I’m especially thankful that we got over those bad feelings.)
7. I’m thankful for strong sons. I didn’t have to carry a single piece of furniture upstairs or downstairs during that whole process!
8. I’m thankful that my husband actually agreed to make this grand switcharoo! He has taken a big gamble, hoping that I will indeed keep this space neat and tidy. (I don’t have a very good track record…)
9. I’m thankful that my Bible study class is meeting today. PWOC has been my military wife support group for the past 18-1/2 years.
10. I am thankful that my husband put up some outside lights on Sunday afternoon. They really brighten my outlook when I come home at night!
11. I am thankful that H-J is not asking for a birthday party this year. While I sometimes feel at a loss over my introverted offspring and their lack of close relationships outside our own family unit, this is one of those times that I want to shout “Hurray!” over not having to plan a party. (He does get to plan the family outing and dinner, and I will cook whatever he wishes.)
12. I am thankful that my oldest son finally completed a college application! More to do, of course, plus financial aid headaches, but at least this first one is DONE.
13. I am thankful that despite a stressful month, I still managed to lose a couple of pounds in November. I have so much further to go, but every little baby-step counts.
You must be logged in to post a comment.