So, I’ve just finally figured out that Random Dozen is supposed to be posted on Wednesdays! At least that is what Lidna over at 2nd Cup of Coffee says, and since it is her baby meme, I’ll try to keep up. 🙂
1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?
I’m sorry to report that this week, I am near the top of the scale. I think it is a combination of not feeling well, forgetting my happy pills on Tuesday, and being a bit of a pessimist.
2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you’re going to say in response?
OUCH!! I do want to listen, and I try to do so, but sometimes…
3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month–of anything?
Well, there’s that!
And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie’s Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!
4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
When the kids were little, I liked Gengi from Mary Kay. I thought it would be nice to have a scent that they would know as MOM. Right now I don’t wear any perfume.
5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?
Organizing? I’ve got nothin’. Sorry.
6. What is your favorite comic strip?
For Better or for Worse was my favorite strip until Lynn retired. I don’t have one now.
7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?
LOL, I sleep with 3 pillows. My fluffy down pillow becomes flat during the night.
8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?
I had my kitchen painted red in 2008. It makes me happy.
9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?
I can’t say it was the most interesting, but it was the most telling… In 1987, we were in Fort Benning, GA. The rag-top Jeep that we were supposed to drive across the country ended up with a 1,000 engine repair. We traded the mechanic the broken down Jeep for his 1971 F-100 pickup truck (primer gray, with a gun rack). I slapped a “Shit Happens” bumper sticker on that truck and we drove across the country, spending $1,000 in gas and oil. I’d never seen those bumper stickers before that trying week, and I didn’t see them again until I watched Forest Gump. I guess they’re a Southern thing…
10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)
As long as it is comfortable and performs well, I’m happy with it! (This works for my car, too.)
11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?
Prior to moving here (2-1/2 hours on a riding mower), mowing the lawn with our electric mower was pure bliss. Bonus: the yard looked nice for days afterward!
12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?
My mind is drawing a blank. I might have to come back and fill this one in.