Five on Friday
1. It’s been exam week (midterms) here for my 3 oldest boys, which means they have no homework and they get home early each day. I’m enjoying the change of pace and I know they are, too.
2. I wasn’t feeling up to snuff on Tuesday, but since the boys were home early, I asked the oldest to accompany me to Costco. Score! Someone besides me had to lift those cases of water, juice, and Gatorade. 😀 This also meant that I had enough energy to cook dinner.
3. I’m teaching a class on Thursdays based on the book A Woman After God’s Own Heart by Elizabeth George. If you are a Christian and you are asked to teach a Bible study class, be forewarned: God is going to be working on something in your life! Guess what the current & next few chapters deal with? Procrastination. Taking care of your home (not just cleaning, but also attitudes, etc.). I’m glad God has a sense of humor (proven by the fact that I was asked to teach this class).
4. Thursday night was a reception at SnakeMaster’s school for the students who had participated in a program offered by the state PTA. This initial level of competition was at individual elementary schools and was judged by folks from the nearby Arts Center. Well, guess what?!? SnakeMaster’s photograph won the photography category for his school!
The actual entry was an 8″x10″ photograph which we matted in black (the inner edge of the matte was thin line of gold). His artwork is now moving on to the district-level competition.
Yes, I am a proud mama! We might need to buy him his own camera.
5. I wish I had known about this song “back in the day” — you know, back when I was “stranded all alone in the gas station of love.” It would have been useful to be able to sing along, because singing about it does indeed make it better, especially if you can sing in 1950’s style.
Al Yankovic tells sings it like no other. 😀
**Sorry about the disabled embedding. Just click through, it’s safe.**
All in all, a busy week here in Kcinnova’s World.
How was your week? Any plans for the weekend?