Read on, compliments of Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee.
1. How good are you at delaying gratification?
Judging from the struggle I’m having with weight loss, I’d have to say I’m not very good at this at all!
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn’t be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
Cheesecake, chocolate, a cool drink on a hot day, a cup of coffee on a cold morning
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
Maybe a 4 on a really good day but I’m often closer to a 2 on this scale.
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
The line to the ladies restroom, no doubt about it! (PLEASE let me go first… I’ve had 4 babies and I’m middle aged!)
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
I did not want to know the gender of our first baby because I wanted that surprise at birth. As a matter of protocol, I had an ultrasound early in the 2nd trimester with each of my pregnancies, but we couldn’t tell anything just by looking… until baby #4. Even our Kindergartner knew — without a doubt — that was a boy in the picture! LOL
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
I think it depends on the situation.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
Never on purpose! I’ve always preferred a surprise.
10. What is the longest you’ve ever waited for anything?
I waited 15 years to visit Germany before being blessed with the opportunity to live there for 3 years.
My time of waiting to be a grandmother began after we were no longer able to have more children, but perhaps I shouldn’t begin counting until my kids marry?
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
Oh, my husband most definitely exhibits much more patience than me.
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
I rather like this one: