I think most of you know I’m not a big TV watcher, but that will just be proof that I’m not the one who comes up with the questions for the Random Dozen. That designation goes to Lid over at 2nd Cup of Coffee, who is all hung up on LOST.
Here is what she gave us this week:
The first 6 come from Kelley at I Didn’t Know That! Thanks so much, Kelley! And can you please help us out with #4???
1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”
I often do — unless they used “Ms.” — I hate that!
2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?
I love sunsets and gazing at the bright, clear starry sky.
3. What is the most adventurous you’ve ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)
I ate 2 brussel sprouts at a potluck a few years ago because I found out that one of the ladies at my table had made them. It was the first time I’d tried that vegetable in many years and surprisingly, my gag reflex had forgotten its connection with brussel sprouts! However, I have not eaten any since then. Does that count?
4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there’s a reason for this one!)
No, but I have heard it splash!
5. If you could learn a language you don’t presently speak, what would it be?
Spanish would be so much more useful today than I could have possibly imagined 30 years ago, although I am glad I took German in high school.
6. Al Capone’s tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
I’m having trouble coming up with an answer for this question. I’m quite fond of the saying attributed to Carl Jung: “Bidden or Unbidden, God is Present” but perhaps that is not so very appropriate for a tombstone?
7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.
This one had me stumped. I’m actually late putting up my RD this week because I had trouble with numbers 6 & 7! But this morning I finally decided: “Cat.”
8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?
9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?
I have this weird ability to sneeze but stifle it in such a way that my kids ask, “Was that a sneeze?!?” I look like I’m sneezing but there is no sound and no other evidence except my body language. I don’t do it all the time, but it does happen occasionally.
10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?
I read our free local newspapers at the counter or the table, but for politics, I prefer to watch The Daily Show! 😉
11. Are you a good speller?
I rely a little too much on spell-check (which is automatic with my flock browser… I love flock!) but yes, I tend to be a natural speller. I also have an annoying habit of editing much of what I read. This might be why I am now co-editing our church newsletter.
12. At what time each day do you start thinking about Lost lunch?
At about 2pm, I often get hungry and then realize I haven’t eaten… or maybe I have?