Random Dozen #9 for me!
Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee
1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
I’ve done both, but only at targets. I think it would be fun to shoot skeet, but since I can’t manage to do it decently on Wii, it is probably not ever going to happen in real life.
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
Thanks to the magic of facebook, yes!
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
As a terrible procrastinator, I’m one of those people who is (nearly) always late. I think it is partly because I have a skewed vision of time, where I think I have time to squeeze in one more thing… when I don’t.
4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
Neither! Pacific Northwest, please! If I absolutely have to choose, can I specify? I loved the Finger Lakes region of NY and there are several parts of California that I enjoy.
5. Do you have a special ring tone?
For my old phone, it was “The Mexican Hat Dance.” NO ONE else had that ring tone, so I always knew it was my phone that was ringing and it made people happy to “sing” along with it. Now I have a cell phone that doesn’t include TMHD, and I miss it!
My home phone has some special rings for people calling in: my full-of-life brother’s household is Party Clap, my oldest son is Für Elise (the first song he taught himself on piano), my dh is Let Me Call You Sweetheart, my MIL/FIL are Home Sweet Home.
6. What is your favorite type of chip?
7. Best comedy you’ve ever seen is ….
Jim Gaffigan, “Beyond the Pale” — I haven’t seen him in a live show, but the man makes me laugh. Cake!!
8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, “How’d that work for ya?”
As a child, I did it once and of course it was awful! As an adult, I have done it quite a few times and saved plenty of money. 🙂 I still occasionally pay someone else to cut it, but I have no qualms about home haircuts. My husband cuts his own hair and he just gave the younger 3 boys their “trim” on Saturday night. Our oldest son now cuts his own hair as well.
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
I would choose the house (then maybe we wouldn’t be selling it for a loss next year!). That’s not to say I don’t need a total revision for my self (self being diet, exercise, and style — and when the exercise & diet have done their work, there is probably going to be need for other work).
10. Are you allergic to anything?
11. Why is it so hard to change?
Inertia is a powerful force. Combine Inertia with Habit and that is one difficult boulder to move!
12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, “To love is to be vulnerable.” Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you’d like to about this topic.
“We live, we love, we forgive and never give up.”