This must be my week for a little house-cleaning. Yesterday I managed to FINALLY write down the recipe for Brick (what’s 10 months of waiting, right?) and today, I’m filling in the answers to Jay’s meme. He only had to wait a week for this:
1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course)
My dream house includes a mud room with utility sink, toilet, shower, washer, dryer, and places for wet clothes and boots. I know I’m dreaming, but a gal can hope that this would keep the menfolk from tramping dirt through the rest of the house, right?
2. What is your dream car?
For many years I wanted an old Volkswagen Beetle. Then for a while it was a Suburban. Now I’m not sure what my dream car is…
3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog?
I confess to checking AccuWeather.com more often than facebook… but only because I’m a geek who wants to know how hot it REALLY is out there.
4. iPhone 4 or Droid, which do you want?
Really? Neither. I’m pretty happy with a basic phone.
5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up?
A good cry doesn’t hurt (well, mostly it doesn’t) but then, cookies or ice cream FEEL like they help but then I end up wearing them.
6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate.
Banjo music (paddle faster!!)
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I’m living my dream: I’m a SAHM.
8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance?
9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up. (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.)
My 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Ellen Stormo, made a big impression on me. I loved creating art in her class.
10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do?
I’ve tried and tried to come up with an answer to this, and I just can’t. Every time an idea pops into my head, all of the bad fallout from doing that thing tumbles right in after it. Call me a goody-two-shoes, I guess.