1. Father’s Day evening spent at a friend’s backyard patio and pool . Grandpa (SuperDad’s father) was taking a Father’s Day phone call from his youngest daughter.
2. I was outside photographing the flora and fauna (mostly bees in the lavender) when I shot this pic of SM and Grandma reading side-by-side on the loveseat and managed to capture the reflection of the yellow rose in the window.
3. I am a little surprised at how wonderful Graduation really was… as a first-time mom of a grad, I was unprepared for the amount of pride and joy involved in this event. We were also unprepared for the crowds and the heat. The ceremony started at 9am, but by 11am when it ended, the temperature had reached 90 degrees.
4. Due to the fact there were 537 seniors graduating –and each of them were given 8 tickets for family members — the bleachers (hot! hot!) were filled to overflowing and we ended up sitting happily in the shade. We couldn’t see much, but the loudspeakers worked very well and we were comfortable.
5. My 3 oldest sons (H-J and EB in photo above — yes, my boys wear shorts, sneakers and sandals to church) are 3 of 23 teens going with 4 chaperones to a Native American community in South Dakota for a week. They leave in the morning and will be working in a kids’ program and also helping with home repairs.