1. Health status for each of my parents is looking up right now, although I continue to jump when the phone rings — especially if I see that a family member is doing the calling.
2. Dad moved from the official rehab center to the health unit at his retirement center, which will be much easier on his wife. It was exhausting for her to manage visits several times a week; now she won’t have to drive to see him. The goal is to regain enough strength to move back into their apartment, but I have some doubts about that ever happening.
3. Mom hopes to leave her rehab center on Saturday. I think she is a little bit worried about tripping over the cat (who of course misses her) but she is making daily progress and is finally allowed to exercise her knee. It’s been 18 days since she had her TKR surgery, but the pulmonary embolism situation caused quite the setback 2 weeks ago.
4. MusicMan has been off at a conference this week in PA and is having a fabulous time (“best week ever!”)… despite the ruptured ear drum and the 4 stitches above his eye. He now knows it’s not a grand idea to sit on the bottom of a deep pool; he also knows why soccer players don’t wear sunglasses.
5. We’re taking a wee family vacation, which means I will be “unplugged” for a while. Upon return, I’ll be busily getting MM ready for college while transporting H-J to and from band camp. EB is already busy with pre-season Cross Country and will be hitting full stride in August as well.