Actually, the Random Dozen has been back for a few weeks, but I am just now getting back to it, in my own haphazard way. Here goes…
Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee
1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
Wow, that’s a difficult question for me to answer, because I really love Mexican food! Enchiladas (my first love) come to mind first, so I’ll go with that answer, but the tortilla soup made and served by the cafeteria ladies in our El Paso public elementary school was some of the best I’ve ever tasted.
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
After school was for playing and piano lessons and reading; I did my homework in the evening.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
I rarely purchase things like that, so I don’t have a favorite store.
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
When I was in elementary school, way back in the age of dinosaurs –or at least Bonanza metal lunch boxes– I rarely purchased a school lunch. There was a rule that we had to eat everything on the tray, or at least TRY it. I was very picky eater.
5. Is religion a crutch?
Religion is the easy scapegoat of wars and disagreements. Religion is often an excuse for those very same things.
Faith is something entirely different, and no, I do not believe that faith is a crutch.
6. In your region, what is the “big” (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?
My kids are not sports-minded –we are more about Marching Band and EB’s Cross-Country meets– but I’m guessing that the Biggie is lacrosse… although I’m not really sure what lacrosse IS!
You can, however, almost always find me at the home football games, and not only because the band is playing. 😉
7. Do you consider yourself rich?
We live in one of the richest counties in the country. My husband likes to say we helped bring down the median income level. So, no, we’re not rich when it comes to financial wealth. When you talk about blessings, I think we are rich indeed!
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
It’s been quite a long time since I’ve undergone CPR training, but it is still probably my best bet. Unless by “changing a flat tire” you mean me watching the tire being changed!
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop
Hmmm…. I already know how to waltz and I have taken swing dancing lessons (it’s been a long time) so I guess I will say SALSA!
10. What’s the worst news you’ve ever delivered to someone?
Telling my husband that our oldest son totaled the car. This was very much tempered by the fact that the boy was safely sleeping in his room during the telling. It could have been SO much worse.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
Mixing drinks (beer, vodka, rum, etc., etc.) is a bad idea, roommates hate it when you puke in the garbage can all night long, and hangovers are painful.
This probably explains why I worry a little about sending my kids off to college. Perhaps they will be more like their father instead?
12. New variation on an old question: If there’s a song in your head that just won’t get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
Crazy, but that’s how it goes
Millions of people, living as foes
Maybe it’s not too late, to learn how to love and forget how to hate.”