The weather yesterday had me feeling deliriously happy. Fall is my favorite season, and I just can’t get enough of it this week, so I thought I’d share 5 reasons why I think Autumn is terrific:
1. The air is cooler, so the sunshine actually feels good instead of making me hot and sweaty.
2. The smell of wood smoke and fall leaves is nearly intoxicating.
3. The cool breezes mean that I can wear sweatshirts (also see #1).
I love a cozy hoodie.
4. My kids’ fall activities (cross country meets and marching band competitions) are fun to watch and I love cheering them on. I have a cowbell and I know how to use it!
5. Taking a walk before bedtime with my husband is one of my favorite ways to spend time with him. It’s like a mini-date. On nights like last night, I wished we were camping — the breeze was refreshingly cool and the stars were startling clear. We’ve been able to see the Milky Way several times in the past few weeks.