1. Between the boys and girls cross-country races on Wednesday, I stepped over to the fence and took this shot.
Have I mentioned lately that I love Fall? I do.
2. Something had been eating the late summer pea crop. Note that the first sets of leaves have been chomped right off.
We have discovered the culprit who lives under the shed. He has since used his fat body to climb tear down the fence and help himself to the rest of the garden.
I saw his cousin Sunday afternoon in the church parking lot.
Yes, it’s a big fat groundhog.
Click on the pic to get a closer look.
3. I had an absolutely lovely Sunday afternoon. I went out to lunch with 2 girlfriends at a Vietnamese restaurant, and then afterward, two of us continued on to a local winery. What with the wine tasting, the talking, and the glass of wine we each sipped at the table while we listened to a young, local bluegrass group, I forgot to take any pictures! You’ll just have to take my word for it that it was wonderful.
4. Sometimes coming home after a near-perfect afternoon is a let-down, but Sunday evening had a surprise in store — an Autumn evening at the firepit.
5. Farmers Markets in small towns make me smile. Funky produce that looks like a masked bandit makes me smile even more.