A look ahead and a look back (because it is taking all kinds of craziness to put together a post today)…
1. I’m headed into The City tomorrow for a chance to take pictures and step out of my comfort zone. My 19yo son thinks we are crazy (“you’ve never talked politics” “DAD is going?!?”). While it’s true that neither parent is politically oriented, the poor boy didn’t think his dad had ever been to a concert (he has) and wondered why the man would go and put himself in a big crowd of people. MusicMan’s image of his parents has been shattered.
At least the 14yo approves of our “Indecision 2010” activity!
2. At 9:30pm last night, I was helping SnakeMaster sew and use a glue gun. After all, isn’t that what you are supposed to do with green tomatoes, sticks, and cucumbers? This is the result:
That stuffed cloth thing on the end? It’s his tail. Be nice. I didn’t design it, I just followed my instructions given by a 5th grader.
3. Today, SnakeMaster is wearing his father’s old military uniform for the elementary school parade.
4. This is what he wore for Scouts on Wednesday night. He designed the cape from old, worn-out jeans and the sword is his own creation as well:
5. This is our peak weekend for color, although the wind has already blown some of the leaves off the trees.