I’m counting blessings today — a baker’s dozen for good measure.
2. SuperDad, my dh
3. My 4 sons
4. A secure job for my husband. I do not take this for granted.
6. The undeserved blessing of being born into a country where I have many freedoms.
7. Family that lives beyond our walls: grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, in-laws and out-laws.
8. Faith Family — blest be the tie that binds.
9. Education — not everywhere in the world has free education for all children, but it’s there for my children, and I am grateful.
10. Beauty in the world around me — may I always take notice of it.
11. Food and Shelter
12. Music — it brings joy to my life.
13. I’m thankful for the new guy who showed up to practice on Sunday morning with his banjo and his fiddle. There was joy on the faces of the rest of the group when he started playing along with us.
For him, we’re just a fun side gig, a way to enjoy church. He’s already in a real band. I’m headed over to the local concert hall (also known as “The Barn”… have I mentioned I live in the exurbs?) on Saturday evening to hear his band play. I suspect there will be a Musical Monday post about them soon. 🙂