It’s high time for a Friday Five, so those pennies will add up to a nickel today.
1. My BFF flew in for a visit last night. I’m excited to be able to share a few of my favorite things with her this weekend!
2. I very much want her to make future visits, so I personally cleaned the hall bathroom (a.k.a., the boys’ bathroom) instead of just sending the boys to do it.
3. Boys don’t notice dirt and mess, nor do they seem to appreciate clean. What’s up with that? (I’m talking about grime, not just clutter.)
4. Decluttering is such a hard thing for me to do. Once I let the clutter in, it mixes with important things and I have trouble sorting it all out, especially when it comes to papers and paperwork. But even beyond things easily recycled, I have to keep reminding myself: Just because it is useful or pretty doesn’t mean I should keep it.
5. My mom had cancer surgery on Tuesday. I’ll be flying out there next week to be her caregiver until the end of the month.