Since I’ve been lax on posting lately (don’t worry, it’s about to get worse), I thought I’d steal this meme from Jen. When in doubt, meme!
1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
Ranch dressing, ketchup, mayo, various mustards (we’re exciting that way)
2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
Medium well for both
3. What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
These have to be fresh from the garden! For years, I hated tomato unless it was in ketchup form. Now I can appreciate a garden-fresh tomato, sliced and eaten plain (although I’m told a dash of salt is nice) — second favorite is a tomato, mozzarella, and herb salad with olive oil.
4. What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
My kids cheer if I serve ramen with a can of pork’n’beans. We call it “grub.” Tuna noodle casserole is a quick second, as it literally only takes 15 minutes to make.
5. What’s your favorite snack food lately?
Roasted almonds, made with just a tiny bit of coconut oil and sea salt
6. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
Weekend breakfast? That implies something fancy… I don’t do fancy. Typical Saturday breakfast for me is old-fashioned oatmeal with wheat germ and blueberries. On Sundays, I’m lucky to get a cup of coffee before heading out the door to church.
7. What’s your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
I prefer to leave the grilling to my husband, who prepares lovely garden-fresh veggies all summer long, but I’m happy to grill pork chops with some garlic salt and herbs.
8. What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite? ~I suppose if you don’t care for either, make something up!~
We usually buy a big bottle of Frontera cab/merlot blend for about $8-9.
9. Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
My husband likes a traditional gimlet (2 oz gin, 1/2 oz Rose’s lime juice) but I prefer a margarita (1 oz tequila, 1 oz triple sec, 1 oz lime juice — Rose’s if you prefer it sweeter, regular lime juice otherwise) served over ice.
10. How do you like your eggs?
When I hear “weekend breakfast” I think of going out for a big breakfast at Denny’s or someplace like that.
and even if the tomatoes are fresh from the garden i still cannot bring myself to eat one…
I guess I won’t be cooking you steak when we meet. In my family if it’s medium rare they complain it’s overcooked!
2. Steaks, med rare at the most. Burgers must be cooked thoroughly!
3. puréed into soup 😉
9. Love lime margaritas
10. as long as the whites aren’t runny
#10 In the Garbage Disposal LOL Love the answers 🙂
mmm, grilled garden-fresh veggies sounds good to me! I had a yummy martini Friday night…Grey Goose vodka, muddled with olives & cocktail onions…and some olive juice.
I’ll be using this one later this week…