I’m slowly catching up with life and trying to stop in to visit each of you. I’ll be around as I can make the time.
1. If you work, do you drive to work or take public transportation? When I worked in downtown Seattle, I took the bus (I didn’t own a car, but if I did, the parking costs would have been prohibitive). When I’ve lived and worked other places, it depended how far away the job was… if it was close enough, I walked or rode my bike in good weather.
2. How often do you get your haircut? Do you go to the same person every time? Hahahahahaha…. um, no. I get it cut maybe once year or so. I posted about the last time I had it cut here.
3. Do you read the newspaper? If so, a hardcopy or the online version? I read the paper if I am visiting my inlaws and it is laying on the breakfast table. At home, I catch the 6:00 AM news on TV a few days a week or else I check the headlines on my computer. However, I do read our free local paper from cover to cover.
4. What is the best book you have read this year? I just finished reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. I highly recommend it.
5. What is the best movie you have seen this year? No contest for this category, the best movie I’ve seen this year is The King’s Speech.
6. Do you tend to crave sweet or salty foods? Sweet and rich
7. Do you eat breakfast every day? If so, what do you have? I’m trying to remember to eat breakfast, and I try to have something healthy such as old-fashioned oatmeal with fruit.
8. If you celebrate Easter, what Easter treat/candy are you most looking forward to? If anyone wishes to share a Lindt or Dove chocolate bunny with me, I will be very happy.
9. How late is “sleeping in” to you? This is my Olympic sport! When I get a chance to sleep in, I don’t want to be up before 9AM. I am fully capable of sleeping past noon. Decadent, I know. Before you throw stones, please know that I get up every work day with my husband (usually at 5:45am, but it’s sometimes been 4:45am) to prepare his coffee, protein shake, and vitamins. I pack his breakfast and lunch the night before, since he eats breakfast at work.
10. Where are you going on your next vacation? It is currently Spring Break and we are spending it at home, cleaning the house between showings. We aren’t taking a family vacation this year. But don’t cry for me — we are moving across the country at the end of July, and I did go to NYC with 3 girlfriends back in February.