1. Blogger has been broken when it comes to making comments (or even reading). So if you haven’t heard from me and you usually do, that is probably why! It’s not for my lack of trying to comment.
2. It drives me crazy to not be able to comment on your posts! I’ve read some great ones and Blogger renders me “speechless.” Grrrr…
3. The house is still for sale. We haven’t had anyone in to look in the past 12 days. Frustrating doesn’t even begin to cover the feelings I’m going through.
4. It’s definitely been a week for comfort food.
5. Betty at http://glimpseintomidlife.blogspot.com/ asked me to share my homemade brownie recipe. Here it is:
4 squares (1 ounce each) of unsweetened baking chocolate
1/2 cup of shortening (a little more if you like really fudgy brownies)
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups of Sugar
1 cup of flour
1 cup of chopped nuts (optional — I leave them out)
Using a large saucepan on the stove, slowly melt chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, add vanilla and eggs (stir quickly so eggs don’t cook!) then the sugar. Sift in the flour to avoid lumps, stir thoroughly. Add nuts if desired.
Transfer batter into a 9″ X 13″ X 2″ greased pan. Bake at 350°F for approximately 30 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick. Let cool before slicing with a sharp knife. Brownies should be moist and fudgy (esp. if you are a bit generous with the shortening).