1. Today is my dad’s 75th birthday. True to form, his card is late (what happened? I used to be so good about mailing cards on time!) but I will call and wish him a happy birthday.
2. Today is also my nephew’s birthday. How can it be that the little 2yo boy who stuck his fingers in our wedding cake is now a husband and father?
3. I finally took the cat in for her annual appointment (only running 4 months late on that one). The veterinarian and the technician and I all agreed that she is part-Abyssinian, which explains her gorgeous caramel coloring. I doubt it explains her perfect behavior throughout the exam, but I was glad for that, too.
4. This morning my friend ~P~ is coming over to learn how to make chocolate chip cookies (not exactly a national treat in China). Last Saturday, I was at her house learning how to make a few easy, healthy dishes. I think I have the better end of the deal!
5. I’m in love with the Rod Stewart Great American Songbook CD collection. Unfortunately, there is no money in the budget for buying CDs just because I like them. 😦 But at least the next time someone asks me what I’d like for a gift, I can actually name something!
Happy Birthday to your dad. He still looks very young for 75!
Your cat really is gorgeous. I love her color!
That photo of my dad is from 3 years ago. He looks much older now, thanks in part to the Parkinson’s Disease.
My nephew, who is the same age as my oldest son, is getting married in November. What?!
Happy birthday to your Dad 🙂 You two look a lot alike! My Dad and I did too 🙂
I used to breed Abyssinians and she definitely has the ticking going on! Pretty!
Happy Birthday to your dad. I know all about the late card & appointment syndrome. Your cat is beautiful.
I was going to say what Janet said – that you and your Dad look alike – just as my dad and I did!
Happy birthday to your dad! Hope he has a great day.
Gorgeous cat – oops, I mean dad. All right then, both of them are gorgeous.
Tell him ‘hallo’ from me.
I hope you have a special occasion soon for a present, get them to club together!
Pretty, pretty kitty. I want to pet her thick, soft fur! Happy BD to your dad, and send me some CC cookies!