Start with Champagne…
Then do some stretching exercises…
And get ready for a ladies’ night out!
sensible old lady shoes so I kept mine out of this particular shot.
Waiting for the show to begin…
Mamma Mia! was absolutely FABULOUS.
After I got home from the bluegrass concert/CD release party, SuperDad heated up a pan of brandy, dropped in some raisins and almonds, and lit it on fire. Voilà!
The name of this victorian-era game is SNAPDRAGON. Technically, one should use raisins for the beginners and currants for a greater challenge.
I think I just blew the “normal family” status.
I couldn’t get my family to budge from the house on NYE, but a friend kindly invited me to ride with her to a bluegrass concert, er… CD release party for one band, with another band as their opening act. I failed to video the event, but here are a couple of YouTube videos to enjoy featuring each band:
JAKE AND THE BURTONES
That banjo player? He’s 16 years old.
And here is the band that headlined the event. They just released their 2nd CD titled “Soul Bucket”. Yes, I bought the CD. Now I’m itching to buy a harmonica.
This is The Acoustic Burgoo. They will be famous someday, and then you can say you heard them here first! 😀
Musical Monday is a meme I discovered over at Thom’s place.
If you want to be an official participant, you can get the instructions by clicking on the badge.
Baby, it’s cold outside…
Susie is once again hosting the (6th annual!) blog Christmas Party. This year she changed things up a bit and is hosting it after Christmas, but I like to point out that there are 12 days of Christmas so really, it’s right on time! At least that is my excuse when the cards get sent out in early January…
I’ve been laying low for the past few days. The house is not perfectly cleaned, but the cat has warmed a spot for you on the living room sofa.
The kids have eaten most of the cookies — and I’m afraid they’ve gobbled up the chocolate-covered pretzels, too — but please help yourself to a slice of Stollen while I boil water for tea. The coffee is right over there next to the fridge if you’d like a cup of java instead; I just made a fresh pot a few minutes ago.
You are welcome to sit and rest and enjoy a cup of something warm, while we talk and listen to the wind chimes sing.
1. Last Friday night was Humorous-Juniorous’ birthday party. It was the first time we had met most of his friends from school (H-J is a bit of an introvert). It was a successful geekfest. Who else would talk about math and wish for a video game called Orchestra Hero? (Admittedly, that WOULD be very cool!) They partied with DDR, snacks, Mario Kart racing, snacks, stick fighting outside in the dark, S’Mores at the firepit, Monty Python’s Holy Grail, cake and ice cream. And did I mention snacks?
If you needed party ideas for a 15yo boy, you’re welcome! 😉
2. We live between 2 towns; the smaller one has a population of 600, the larger town is ten times that size. The town with the traffic lights (FOUR!) had its annual Christmas parade last Saturday. More photos here and here…
3. SnakeMaster would gladly own a horse.
4. This is what the dining room credenza looked like on Monday. Procrastinator, who??
5. MusicMan, my college son, is flying home today. We haven’t seen him for over 4 months, so I’m sure you will understand if I’m absent much of the next few weeks.
The Muffed Photo Meme is sponsored by Thom and can be found every Tuesday (actually usually as early as Monday afternoon) on his blog, Thom’s Place 4 Well, Whatever. This meme really fits in his “well whatever” category:
Each Tuesday post a completely crazy, messed up photo — one you would normally delete. The subject matter isn’t important — did you take a picture of your thumb? The lens cap? The wrong half of great Aunt Betty? (Really, she usually has a head …) Or perhaps you’ve got a shot of your own nose hairs taken while you were trying to determine why the flash wasn’t working. Whatever your photo goof is, we want to see it!
I’m still training myself to stop deleting every single “bad” photo. After all, it’s hard to play this game (meme) with a GOOD picture!
This muffed target occurred when I was trying to get a shot of a little girl dancing close to her mama, but right as I snapped the picture, a wine bottle was passed in between the bluegrass baby and my camera.
When you listen to music, does it make you want to get up and dance?
I spent a wonderful Saturday evening at a bluegrass concert. While the music from this first act was decidedly amateur (it was dark when the headliners hit the stage), I couldn’t resist filming this adorable little girl. This is why I love bluegrass:
I found out about Musical Monday from Thom.
This post also segues with this week’s Thematic Photographic subject of kids. (Thanks, Carmi!) I couldn’t figure out how to get a screen shot from this video, but I did get to choose the thumbnail shown above as the video opener. Isn’t she adorable?
Okay, back to work for me. I’ll be around to visit you all when I can. Must. Work.