I’ve discovered something about myself: I can only handle 2 crises at once (and of course I’d prefer only one crisis — or none at all — but life doesn’t seem to work that way).
Here, in current order, are the 5 crises I am juggling for those top 2 spots:
1. My mother’s cancer and continual decline despite her denial (definitely the top stressor this week)
2. Selling our house (trying to be top stressor but being trumped by Mom’s cancer)
3. The logistics of moving (When? Where? How?)
4. The arrival of 4 more adults next weekend– bringing our household up to a count of NINE — for 2 weeks of graduation festivities and moving mayhem.
5. The graduating senior who must be prepared for college (he will probably be fine, but his mother isn’t prepared to send him off)